The University of Rio Verde - UniRV is a historic achievement of the people of Rio Verde. In recent years, it has grown, consolidated as a large university, became a reference and one of the most respected in Brazil. A Serious and quality work that is developed by the superior administration, teachers, technical-administrative servers and academics, and that has resulted in academic and scientific credibility with society.
UniRV was founded in 1973 and today is one of the main institutions of higher education in the state of Goiás. It was called Fafi (Faculty of Philosophy), Furv (University Foundation of Rio Verde), in March 1973 FESURV (Foundation for Higher Education in Rio Verde) and on February 24, 2003, through Law No. 4,541, the University of Rio Verde - UniRV was created.
In addition to the Administrative Campus, installed in an area of 62 alqueires and another campus in Rio Verde (Business Center), UniRV is also present in the cities of Aparecida de Goiânia, Caiapônia and Goianésia. Today there are about 7,000 academics attending one of the 21 undergraduate courses offered in four major areas: Humanities and Social Sciences (Administration, Accounting, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Law, Pedagogy and Psychology); Exact Sciences and Engineering (Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Production Engineering, Software Engineering and Mechanical Engineering); Biological Sciences and Health (Biological Sciences - bachelor and baccalaureate, Physical Education - baccalaureate, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Medicine and Dentistry) and Agrarian Sciences (Agronomy and Veterinary medicine).
In the Postgraduate area, the Master´s Degree in Plant Production, implemented in 2004, duly recommended by Capes / MEC - was the first to be offered by a higher level institution in the interior of Goiás.
One of the relevant characteristics of UniRV is its performance in the community. Practically all the courses of the institution develop social projects. The fieldwork not only allows the improvement of the academic, but also reflects in the improvement of the quality of life of the population.
With a long and expressive trajectory in higher education, UniRV has built a history different from others. Conscious of its importance in the formation of citizens, as well as of its commitment to social responsibility, it seeks not to lose sight of its mission.
University Campus - Located in Fazenda Fontes do Saber, the University Campus has seven blocks that house the various administrative departments, classrooms, auditoriums, laboratories, veterinary medicine school clinic, university restaurant, Dairy Bovine Rabbit breeding, Pisciculture, Goat breeding, Sheep breeding, Swine breeding, Equine breeding, Aquaculture, Aviculture,Apiculture,Orcharding,Forestry and landscaping, Olericulture, Major Cultures, Medicinal Plants, Meteorology, Ecological Reserve, Vegetation House and Irrigation Pivot, where experiments with wheat, corn, cotton, soy beans and sorghum, among others are done.
Business Center - There are courses in Administration, Accounting and Physical Education. Located in the central area, it also has classrooms, auditorium, computer labs, library and sports court.
- The Campus has 24 classrooms, auditorium, computer lab and library (these last two renovated in 2016). It offers four courses: Administration, Law, Physical Education and Environmental Engineering. The installation of a unit in the city of Caiapônia benefits students from several counties, among them Iporá, Palestina, Piranhas, Doverlândia, Amorinópolis, Barra do Garças and Aragarças.
- The Medicine course in Aparecida de Goiânia began to be idealized in 2012, within the Expansion Project of the University and based on the research of which cities in Goiás presented population and infrastructure compatible with the development desires of the University.
The legal bases for the operation were launched on December 13, 2012, the University of Rio Verde - UniRV in a request to the State Education Council requested the opening of a Campus outside its headquarters in Aparecida de Goiânia and was granted authorization in May of 2013, by the vote no. 94/2013 of the CEE.
When the decision was made, it decided to settle in the city of Aparecida de Goiânia, in an easy-to-reach place near BR 153. Initiating the sedimentation of the course, a major renovation was carried out in the building, adapting to the needs of the course, building labs, signing agreements and acquiring material and equipment for the operation of a quality facility.
The pleasant green area is also noteworthy, which makes the place of study an inspiring one, with a large living area. The Campus is located in an area of more than 35,000 m², with a constructed area of over 3,000 m². with the following physical structure: Coordination Room, Protocol, four bathrooms, clinical analysis laboratory, teachers room, computer lab, histology laboratory, five classrooms, Library, Auditorium, Secretariat, Psychopedagogical Attendance Center (NAP) , Pedagogical Coordination, four consulting rooms, ten tutoring rooms, an individualized study room, warehouse, Morphofunctional laboratory I, Anatomy laboratory, closed parking and Area of circulation and coexistence.
- In 2015 a UniRV Medical School was opened in Goianésia. The current campus is part of the Goianésia Municipal Department of Education and part of the State University of Goiás (UEG), with 14 classrooms, five tutoring rooms, two conference rooms, an anatomy laboratory, an analysis laboratory clinics, a laboratory of histology - morphofunctional, three conference rooms, laboratory and laboratory room, library, a computer lab and two laboratories of medical skills, Information Technology (IT) room, secretariat, coordination, coordination, warehouse and reception. In Goianésia, the students carry out practical activities in the municipal university hospital. A new campus is already under construction. The site will have a structure of 4,668m² and will be on Highway GO-438, KM 01, direction Santa Rita do Novo Destino, with 10 classrooms with capacity for 60 students each, plus 10 tutoring rooms with capacity for 15 students, morphofunctional laboratories , complete administrative area, surgery skill laboratories, restrooms, kitchen and university restaurant, central monitoring, library, living area, rooms for Academic and Athletic Medical Center and parking.
- Installated in an area of 1,800 m², the gym has a heated semi-Olympic swimming pool with dimensions 20x7m. The structure is complete regarding all equipment. The students of Physical Education, Nursing, Nutrition, Physiotherapy and Psychology give practical classes in this place. The servers, professors and academics of UniRV can use the space free of charge at the times established in the act of registration. The gym is located at Ernesto Tito Street, 757 - Vila Carolina.
Legal Practice Center
- Working in the Rio Verde Forum, the Legal Practice Center serves the population in the civil, criminal and labor areas, both in the Common Court and in the Special Courts.
Clinical School of Nutrition
- The Clinical School of Nutrition provides guidance on the proper form of nutrition in order to promote the prevention and correction of pathologies arising from poor eating habits. The academics participating in the project have been working together with Academic Gym.
Medical School Clinic
- Opened in 2015, the place expands the space in which academics can practice and directly benefits the population, with attendances in the clinical area of multiple specialties, done by the students together with a specialist doctor. The Clinic is located at Agenor Diamantino Street, 1169, Parque Bandeirantes and has five offices and seven briefing rooms. The attendances happen from Monday to Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. It is estimated that more than 500 appointments are made per week.
Clinical School of Physiotherapy
- In the University Campus is located the Clinical School of Physiotherapy, with attendances in the areas of orthopedics, traumatology and rheumatology, adult neurology, pediatric neurology and orthopedics, posture rehabilitation and cardiorespiratory outpatient.
Clinical School of Dentistry
- UniRV has two Clinical Schools of Dentistry. One at Av. Presidente Vargas, nº 2.162- Jardim Goiás consisting of two classrooms, a teacher´s room, a reception for patients, four x-ray rooms and 34 dental offices, a sterilization center with three 65 liter autoclaves, purge room, four automatic ultrasonic washers, nine toilets, three storage rooms, cleaning material, nine high suction pumps and cabinets. The other, within the Rio Verde Campus, has 30 dental offices; 2 x-ray stations (diagnosis); 1 pharmacy for the dispatch of consumables; 1 purge room for washing, drying and packaging of materials and instruments; central sterilization; sterile material dispatch center; support room for oral rehabilitation procedures; teacher room and coordination; bathrooms for academics and teachers; bathrooms for patients; reception room; room for filing medical records; pantry and cleaning products deposit.
Clinical School of Psychology
- The Clinical School of Psychology of UniRV functions as a Human Promotion Center, with prevention and intervention functions. In prevention, the idea is to favor the interaction of academics with the community, seeking to know and act in the prevention of drug use, unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases. In the intervention, the clinic and the psychotherapy are used to provide care.
Clinical School of Veterinary Medicine - Inaugurated in 2007, it currently has a mini auditorium and laboratories of Animal Anatomy and Animal Pathology. In the place are carried out ambulatory care for small animals.